For the past several years, control of the South China Sea has peaked the interests of both China and the United States. The hotly disputed waters see over one-third of the world's shipping, house lucrative fisheries, and vast oil and gas reserves are believed to lie beneath its seabed.
The South China Sea holds tremendous geopolitical importance and over a half-dozen governments have made territorial claims in the region. Over the years the disputes have flared nearly to the point of militar...
- 7 Day Free Trial
- Access to All Archives
- Exclusive Twitter and Facebook Group
- Support the Development of Maverick
- Limited Ad Viewing Experience
- Full Articles in your inbox
- Access to Long-form Video (future)
- Access to Exclusive Content (Future)
- Access to Full Podcast (Future)
- Deals on Merchandise (Future)
Join the Discusssion