In a rather totalitarian move, China has banned Christians from all Church activities in the Central Henan Province and other parts of the country, signaling an uptick in Christian persecution in the country.
The Henan province is home to roughly ninety-five million people, according to a survey in 2012 approximately six percent of them identify as Protestant which amounts to roughly five million Christians.
Chinese authorities recently issued a decree banning all forms of Christian gather...
- Advertisement -
- 7 Day Free Trial
- Access to All Archives
- Exclusive Twitter and Facebook Group
- Support the Development of Maverick
- Limited Ad Viewing Experience
- Full Articles in your inbox
- Access to Long-form Video (future)
- Access to Exclusive Content (Future)
- Access to Full Podcast (Future)
- Deals on Merchandise (Future)
Join the Discusssion