China's inability to "do the right thing" during the trade war with the United States could cost the country dearly according to Minxin Pei a professor of government at Claremont McKenna College.
"So far, it shows that China is not taking the opportunity to do the right thing," says Pei. "China is willing to make some concessions by buying more good, perhaps also improve intellectual property protection, but that does not improve China's economy structurally.
According to the professor, ...
- Advertisement -
- 7 Day Free Trial
- Access to All Archives
- Exclusive Twitter and Facebook Group
- Support the Development of Maverick
- Limited Ad Viewing Experience
- Full Articles in your inbox
- Access to Long-form Video (future)
- Access to Exclusive Content (Future)
- Access to Full Podcast (Future)
- Deals on Merchandise (Future)
Join the Discusssion