China and the United States failed to reach an agreement before the deadline on Friday morning; as a result, the United States is increasing tariffs on Chinese exports.
The US tariffs targeted roughly $200 billion of Chinese exports and increased from ten percent to twenty-five percent at 1201 ET Friday morning. Since the initial installation of taxes global growth has slowed and will continue to slow as a result of the increase.
China expressed "deep regret over the development" and sta...
- Advertisement -
- 7 Day Free Trial
- Access to All Archives
- Exclusive Twitter and Facebook Group
- Support the Development of Maverick
- Limited Ad Viewing Experience
- Full Articles in your inbox
- Access to Long-form Video (future)
- Access to Exclusive Content (Future)
- Access to Full Podcast (Future)
- Deals on Merchandise (Future)
Join the Discusssion