As a British vessel attempted to pass through the waters of the Strait of Hormuz, Iran's Elite Revolutionary Guard tried to detain the ship. Furthermore, the HMS Montrose vessel trained its 30mm deck guns on the Iranian forces, forcing Iran to back off.
In response to the heightened tensions in the region, the Royal Navy was escorting the British tanker through the flashpoint. As the boat attempted to make its pass, Iranian ships approached and requested that the ship follow them into Irania...
- 7 Day Free Trial
- Access to All Archives
- Exclusive Twitter and Facebook Group
- Support the Development of Maverick
- Limited Ad Viewing Experience
- Full Articles in your inbox
- Access to Long-form Video (future)
- Access to Exclusive Content (Future)
- Access to Full Podcast (Future)
- Deals on Merchandise (Future)
Join the Discusssion