For the first time, the United States suffered an attack on the power grid. According to a report released by the North American Electric Reliability Corp., the strike created blind spots at a grid control center and at several small power generation sites in the Western United States.
The intrusion did not cause any blackouts; instead, the attack lasted for roughly five minutes and caused signal outages at the "low impact" control centers. Although the attack on March fifth was rather small...
- 7 Day Free Trial
- Access to All Archives
- Exclusive Twitter and Facebook Group
- Support the Development of Maverick
- Limited Ad Viewing Experience
- Full Articles in your inbox
- Access to Long-form Video (future)
- Access to Exclusive Content (Future)
- Access to Full Podcast (Future)
- Deals on Merchandise (Future)
Join the Discusssion